Saturday, June 10, 2017

June 2017 Display: Pride Month

Because June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month, I decided to make a display celebrating pride in the Young Adult section of our library. Here are some pictures I took of the display right after I finished it. (Sorry about the weird warping on a couple of them... I attempted to do panoramic view pictures)





Below is the list of books I displayed. For the record, I have not read too many of the books on this list yet. My favorite genre to read is YA fiction, so this list could easily double as my to-do list for the next couple years. Feel free to use as a jumping off point for introducing more LGBTQ+ positive lit in your classroom or library!

  • YA Fiction
    • Meg & Linus by Hanna Nowinski
    • Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
    • Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley
    • Pretend You Love Me by Julie Anne Peters
    • How Beautiful the Ordinary: Twelve Stories of Identity
    • Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
    • Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
    • Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
    • Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden
    • Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
    • None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio
    • Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
    • One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva
    • Hero by Perry Moore
    • I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
    • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
    • Ash by Malinda Lo
    • Lies my Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
    • Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn
    • How I Paid for College: A Novel if Sex, Theft, Friendship, and Musical Theater by Marc Acito
    • True Letters for a Fictional Life by Kenneth Logan
    • If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan
    • Thinking Straight by Robin Reardon
    • Promposal by Rhonda Helms
    • The You I've Never Known by Ellen Hopkins
    • Drag Teen: A Tale of Angst and Wigs by Jeffrey Self
    • Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate
    • You and Me and Him by Kris Dinnison
    • YA Nonfiction
      • The ABC's of LGBT+ by Ashley Mardell
      • Queer: The Ultimate LGBT Guide for Teens by Kathy Belge
      • "You Can Tell Just by Looking" and 20 Other Myths About LGBT Life and People by Michael Bronski
      • It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living 
      • This Book is Gay by James Dawson
      • Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out edited by Susan Kuklin
      • The Full Spectrum: A New Generation of Writing About Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Other Identities

    No comments:

    Post a Comment